It’s been a great 4 years writing TahoeWeatherDiscussion.com and I’ve been humbled by your support and enthusiasm. My obsession with snow is no secret, and forecasting it for the Tahoe Basin is something I am passionate about and will continue to do for a long time.
Two seasons ago I met Meteorologist Joel Gratz who is as passionate about snow forecasting as I am. He was writing a similar blog in Colorado called coloradopowderforecast.com We got to talking and realized we both had the same vision to bring our local, accurate, and easy to understand snow forecasts to other ski regions around the country.
Last season the new site launched and I was writing for both sites at the same time during the sites first season. It is now time to move everything to the new site. We are continuing to team up with other snow forecasters around the country in an effort to bring you the best snow forecasting site on the web. It’s called OpenSnow.com.
What does this mean?
- There will be no change to forecasts as I will be posting just as frequently with the same content as I always have.
- All future forecasts will now be posted to The Tahoe Daily Snow page on OpenSnow.com.
- The weather maps on the right and Resort Totals page will now be found here.
- The resort cams will now be on each of the invidual resort forecast pages.
- You can now post your own snowfall measurements in the comments section.
- You will want to change your bookmarks to this new page.
- This notice will stay up for another week or two, then there will be a redirect straight to The Tahoe Daily Snow page.
I am excited about the new content that will be available to readers. Not only will you see my posts on OpenSnow.com, but you will now be able to see pinpoint snowfall forecasts for all of the Tahoe Ski Resorts and for every ski area in the country. You will also be able to create a page that shows your favorite mountains, set powder alerts, and read updates from other forecasters in the US in case you’re traveling outside of the Tahoe Basin. On top of that I am working with the other forecasters from OpenSnow.com on additional features that will launch in early January. Our goal is to continue working to bring you a snow forecasting site better than anything else found on the web.